Easy Riddles for kids
30+ Easy riddles Questions with answers for kids
- #Riddle: What has to be broken before you can use it?
Answer: An egg
- #Riddle: I’m tall when I’m young, and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
Answer: A candle
- #Riddle: What month of the year has 28 days?
Answer: All of them
- #Riddle: What is full of holes but still holds water?
Answer: A sponge
- #Riddle: What question can you never answer yes to?
Answer: Are you asleep yet?
- #Riddle: What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?
Answer: The future
- #Riddle: There’s a one-story house in which everything is yellow. Yellow walls, yellow doors, yellow furniture. What color are the stairs?
Answer: There aren’t any—it’s a one-story house.
- #Riddle. What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it?
Answer: A promise
- #Riddle: What goes up but never comes down?
Answer: Your age
- #Riddle: A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn’t get a single hair on his head wet. Why?
Answer: He was bald.
- #Riddle: What gets wet while drying?
Answer: A towel
- #Riddle: What can you keep after giving to someone?
Answer: Your word
- #Riddle: I shave every day, but my beard stays the same. What am I?
Answer: A barber
- #Riddle: You see a boat filled with people, yet there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
Answer: All the people on the boat are married.
- #Riddle: You walk into a room that contains a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle and a fireplace. What would you light first?
Answer: The match
- Riddle: A man dies of old age on his 25 birthday. How is this possible?
Answer: He was born on February 29.
- Riddle: I have branches, but no fruit, trunk or leaves. What am I?
Answer: A bank
- Riddle: What can’t talk but will reply when spoken to?
Answer: An echo
- Riddle: The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?
- Riddle: David’s parents have three sons: Snap, Crackle, and what’s the name of the third son?
- Riddle: I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me or catch me. What am I?
Answer: Your shadow
- Riddle: What has many keys but can’t open a single lock?
Answer: A piano
- Riddle: What can you hold in your left hand but not in your right?
Answer: Your right elbow
- Riddle: What is black when it’s clean and white when it’s dirty?
Answer: A chalkboard
- Riddle: What gets bigger when more is taken away?
Answer: A hole
- Riddle: I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest person can’t hold me for five minutes. What am I?
Answer: Your breath
- Riddle: I’m found in socks, scarves and mittens; and often in the paws of playful kittens. What am I?
- Riddle: Where does today come before yesterday?
Answer: The dictionary
- Riddle: What invention lets you look right through a wall?
Answer: A window
- Riddle: If you’ve got me, you want to share me; if you share me, you haven’t kept me. What am I?
Answer: A secret
- Riddle: What can’t be put in a saucepan?
Answer: It’s lid
- Riddle: What goes up and down but doesn’t move?
Answer: A staircase
- Riddle: If you’re running in a race and you pass the person in second place, what place are you in?
Answer: Second place
- Riddle: It belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do. What is it?
Answer: Your name
Knowledge increases by sharing 🙂